Type “Spanish lessons in Spain” into a search engine and you’ll be overwhelmed with millions of entries. (119,000,000 results last time I tried!). You need to be certain that the language school you choose from this overwhelming selection will provide you with the highest quality tuition to justify your travel, accommodation and tuition costs.
One way of ensuring your money is turned into a long term investment and not an expensive mistake is to choose a school that is accredited with EAQUALS, the only widely accepted European quality standard for language teaching provision. It provides external quality control comparable to the British Council’s scheme in the UK. International House Valladolid & Santander is a full member of EAQUALS (The European Association for Quality Language Services)
International House Valladolid is also a member of the Instituto Cervantes (with whom it is about to undergo another rigorous inspection in the next few weeks) which sets and monitors standards in the teaching of Spanish.
Membership of these schemes ensures:
• Teachers are observed and evaluated in regular inspections to ensure they provide effective, well-planned and enjoyable lessons
• Teachers are all highly qualified, have access to extensive teaching resources and participate in training and development programmes.
• All legal requirements in respect of student welfare, health & safety, staff pay & conditions are scrupulously checked.
• All published information is checked to ensure it is clear and accurate regarding courses and services offered.
• The curriculum provides balance and variety and is based on recognised European professional frameworks. Lesson plans are designed to encourage progress among learners.
International House Valladolid & Santander are also members of The International House World Organisation, a leader in the training of language teachers around the world.
For more information on Spanish classes at IH Valladolid & Santander contact www.espaname.es and for further information on EAQUALS go to www.eaquals.org and on Instituto Cervantes www.centrosasociados.cervantes.es and on International House World Organisation go to www.ihworld.com